WHY AND HOW OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID IS BENEFICIAL HEALTH
Omega 3 fatty acids are fats which is commonly found in marine life, certain nuts and plants. Omega 3 fatty acids are very important and have all types of health benefits for your brain and body.
• Alpha Linolenic acid (ALA)
• Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
• Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Fatty acids are chain of carbon atoms which are linked together by chemical bonds. In one end of carbon chain has methyl group (carbon and hydrogen atoms) and on other terminal is carboxyl group ( carbon, oxygen and hydrogen). The chemical bonds present in between carbon atoms can be either double or single bonds.Fatty acids gives the energy to heart,muscles and other organs of the body as building blocks for the cell membranes and also as energy storage for the body.
Eating fish is a better way of getting omega 3 and fish oil than by taking supplements of omega 3 in form of capsule, etc.
Omega 3 fatty acids may protect the heart and offer other health benefits to the body.
Fish oil also contain vitamin A and D and omega 3 fatty acids
Health benefits of omega 3 fatty acid
Omega 3 fatty acid intake can help in improving work memory in young and healthy adults.
• can fight depression and anxiety
• can improve eye health
• can improve brain health in the time of pregnancy and early life
• can reduce symptoms of metabolic syndrome
• can fight autoimmune diseases
• can improve in mental disorders
• can reduce asthma in children
• can reduce fat in the liver
• can improve health of Bone and Joint
• may improve your sleep
• is good for skin.
Up to 30 percent oil is found in fillets of oily fish and the figure varies.
Oily fish which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids are
Eggs are also a good alternative source of omega 3 fatty acids.
Consume whole,natural and fresh food.Other Vegetable alternatives to fish oils for omega 3 are
• Chia seeds
• Fresh basil
• Leafy dark green vegetables like spinach
• Perilla oil
*A person which consumes a healthy balanced enriched with vitamins and mineral should not need to use supplements.
Those person which consume fish as regular part of healthy and balanced diet has lower the risk of heart problems.Aim to eat fish which are high in Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) omega 3 fatty acids two to three times in a week.
Risks Taking omega 3 supplements , fish oil, fish liver oil may also have some risk on some people.
• Fish liver oils also contain high levels of vitamin D and A and too much of vitamin D and A is poisonous.
• Sometimes it trigger side effects, normally minor gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, indigestion and belching
• Omega 3 supplements may also affect blood clotting.