India is in alarming situation with nearly two million heart attacks a year with majority of victims being youngsters thus making us the victims 10 years ahead as compared to other countries of the West.
Apart from diabetes, high blood pressure is also responsible for increased number in heart disease cases. Heart disease is more prevalent in the younger generation with a significant risk in both males and females owing to their sedentary lifestyles. Physical inactivity doubles the risk of cardiovascular diseases along with increase in the risk of high blood pressure, imbalance in lipid levels and anxiety, which individually contributes to heart disease.
Though genetic factors can increase the risk of developing heart disease, unhealthy lifestyle choices also play a big role.
Some unhealthy lifestyle choices that can contribute to heart disorders include:
- Not getting enough physical exercise
- Eating an unhealthy diet that is high in fat proteins, trans fats, sugary foods and sodium
- Excessive Drinking
- Staying in a high-stress environment
- Not managing your diabetesStrokes and Heart attacks are potentially preventable by maintaining a heart-healthy lifestyle.
The following strategies can help prevent heart disease:
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight
- Reduce stress in life
- Stop smoking
- Drink in moderation
- Get annual physicals from your doctor to detect abnormalities and assess risk factors
DR BEST enhances the quality of life by reducing symptoms and improving exercise capacity with its diverse cardiovascular range by targeting various causes of heart disorders in the most economical way.