Call : 7527038383|2|1 SMS DRBEST at 53456 | Call us Monday - Saturday : 9:00 am - 6:30 pm | whatsapp_logo +91 7527038383

High Cholesterol Side Effects

Today’s lifestyle has become modern in all aspects of living and the major change has occurred in our eating habits. We are going more towards fast food and canned diets and are not keeping check on the good and bad type and quantity of nutrients, which we are actually getting from them.

Cholesterol is a fat-like steroid found in all body cells, as it is needed for the cellular functions. Our body cells need cholesterol to function, and they get cholesterol delivered to them via the bloodstream. The body organ that is mostly involved in the synthesis of cholesterol is liver. About 75% of the cholesterol is produced by our liver, and we get the other 25% from the food we eat. The ‘bad’ type of cholesterol is called as low density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol and the ‘good’ type is known as high density lipoproteins (HDL) cholesterol. The high levels of LDL cholesterol is the major risk for causing cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke. HDL scavenges LDL cholesterol and takes it back to the liver where is broken down and recycled when it is again required. HDL also scrubs the blood vessel walls, so as to prevent plaque formation. Hence, it is LDL, which is the main culprit.

There are many medications available for managing the cholesterol levels and the main focus are ‘statins’. In low-risk populations, over 600 people need to take a statin to save one from a heart attack. In high-risk populations, over 60 people need to take one. 

DR BEST has been a part of providing quality Statins to the mankind at very affordable prices. Our Motto is to ‘Save Money…..Save Heart.’

Previous ArticleNext Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WhatsApp Get in Touch